Boss OD-1 overdrive

mattdowney

hey, (sorry i posted a simalar topic yesterday, but i never got the responses i needed) will a Boss OD-1 overdrive pedal (an older one with only 2 knobs) work to boost my sound for solos? if i hit it before a solo, when i am on my amps distortion channel will it give me alittle volume and gain boost? i need something to make my solos heard, and i know where i can get one of these for free, all in good condition. even if it doesent give me a volume boost will it make my sound stand out over the rythem guitar? i dont want to have to switch to my clean channel to turn it on, i just want to hit while on the distortion chanel. any help will be greatly apriciated. :D

thanks , matt

... will a Boss OD-1 overdrive pedal (an older one with only 2 knobs) work to boost my sound for solos?
Yes.

if i hit it before a solo, when i am on my amps distortion channel will it give me alittle volume and gain boost?
Yes, although if you're already gain-maxed on the amp, it may turn your sound to mush. You may have to play wih the EQs and levels on both amp and OD-1 to get both sounds liveable (hint: turn the gain down a bit on your rhythm sound). And as Biohazard mentioned, it would be a lot easier to keep track of this stuff if you posted it all in one thread.

i used this one for years to clean up the mud from my digitech gsp-5 ok i am old now.. i know. it was the one without the lcd display but had an led display. lol.. turn the gain up to around 2-3 and put the level up around 6-8 thats what i got for a tight bottom end and fat lead sound.

hey, (sorry i posted a simalar topic yesterday, but i never got the responses i needed)

If you are patient you will get them in time, not all the geniuses here come out of the bottle when summoned at once...

will a Boss OD-1 overdrive pedal (an older one with only 2 knobs) work to boost my sound for solos? if i hit it before a solo,

Like Lovekraft said it will, I use to do this but since like he mentioned I already had maxed the distortion on my AMP, so what I did was turn the Drive down on the pedal, and and just bring the level up a bit. Like I posted on the other! thread that you did, a Wah pedal will be enough for what you want... this is what Zakk Wylde use for his solos, and it does bring the guitar a notch up.