September GOTM Comments

Just thought I'd start it now to keep the crosstalk in the contest itself down.

Sooooo, what do y'all think about THIS statement that's included in the header?

Exited to see?

There will be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

I hope to have the SG ready by then. We shall see, I'm looking at it right now just sitting in the corner on a stand, but its awful hot here. I might even use my own sweat to wetsand the finish! But I prefer to just stay in the shade and move...real...slow for the time being.

As far as more than one poll, different categories, etc. etc. I'm not fussy. All I'm concerned with is a guitar with good sustain, stays in tune and plays like a demon. Maybe it will be pretty enough to win the monthly beauty contest, maybe not.

'pa, did you get that wrinkling thing figured out yet?

As far as "why" the laquer wrinkled, still have no clue. :D But I won't let something like that get in my way. It still sands smooth and doesn't affect the quality or look of the finish, so I'm not worried. I been experimenting, front and back of the guitar don't match, I used different dyes. Both sides look nice. And there is a "beauty mark" on the back, something I left behind to give the guitar some indivuality ( ya right, just too lazy to sand it all back again and restart ...again! B) )

the ibanez guitar, for the august one, it says ibanez on the headstock, does that mean he repainted the ibanez or does it mean he "illegally" put the ibanez logo on the headstock, if he repainted it, is this allowed in the comp?

read the rules

where are they, i cant find them, im probably staring right at them, but i dont see them do u have a link?

Hey, hey, hey! Haven't been around for awhile. I've been working on a guitar I'm planning on submitting, but after looking at this month's so-far sole entry, I'll wait till next month! Dude (Guitar Maestro), that axe is sweet! I might put mine in anyway as long as there's a retard poll. Even the amateur ones here look pro any more.

Anyway, I'll be around soon. I'm finishing up the neck and after I get it done and get her strung up, I'll be back with pics :D

Skot

?? :D

Omit the hyphen.

He means it was an Ibanez *before* custom work was done on it.

oooohhhhh, ok, thanks

thanks for clarifying that setch, i hadn't looked back at this thread. I put the hyphen in there (incorrectly), as i couldn't really think of any other was to say what i wanted