Floyd Rose Intonation

Bingo:

undo the locking nut, slacken strings, adjust intonation, tighten strings, lock nut, test, undo the locking nut, slacken strings, adjust intonation, tighten strings, lock nut, test, undo the locking nut, slacken strings, adjust intonation, tighten strings, ock nut, test, undo the... well you get the idea!

Have fun!

Matt

actually i don't re-lock the nut until i'm done.... you don't have to slack the strings completely, just enough so that you don't dig a groove into the saddle when you move it..

heres what i do =

with the wammy bar on the tremolo, depress it so the string will slack, hold it there and with your other hand unscrew the saddle and move it the proper way then tighten the screw and release the whammy bar.

if your pitch is flat then = shorten the string lenght (saddle toward nut)

if your pitch is sharp then = increase the string length (saddle away from the nut)

i check mine on the 12 fret, harmonic versus fretted note with a good tuner...

:D

Pretty much the same way you intonate any guitar.

Slack the string slightly, and adjust saddle as needed.

To adjust the saddle, unscrew the small hex screw in front of the saddle, and move saddle.

On a Floyd, you just have to make sure that the string is really slack, or the remaining string tension will pull the saddle completely forward, and REALLY out of intonation.

When I was at my "sharpest" ( :D ), I could re-string and intonate a Floyd equipped guitar in about 15 minutes, so it's not that hard. It just takes a little practice.