12 string bass????

yes a 12 string bass... they are all over the place... its like a 12 string guitar has a little tiny string next to each of the 6 main ones, a 12 strng bass has 2 next to each of the 4 main ones, so basically, its yet another type of guitar/bass that one desires

found this on the web

12 string bass

by the way, LGM, in my guitar magazine, they have your slogan, turning dreams into reality, maybe wanna contact them? PM me for more info

Curtis

by the way, LGM, in my guitar magazine, they have your slogan, turning dreams into reality, maybe wanna contact them? PM me for more info

a car company has it too, superformance, they make kit cars....cobras and such

here

edit: wow, how did I do that double quote thing! :D

Twelve-string basses are tuned in four courses of three strings, not six courses of two. So each time you hit a note, it's like playing a bass and 12-string guitar at the same time (one bass note plus two unison octaves).

If you've heard "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam, you've heard what a 12-string bass sounds like.

And "Turning dreams into reality" isn't exactly an original slogan. :D

edit: wow, how did I do that double quote thing!

[QUOTE=Custom_Curtis @ Apr 14 2004, 08:32 PM]

found this on the web

[url=http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=series&sid=197]12 string bass[/url]

Curtis[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Custom_Curtis @ Apr 14 2004, 08:32 PM]

by the way, LGM, in my guitar magazine, they have your slogan, turning dreams into reality, maybe wanna contact them? PM me for more info[/QUOTE]

nothing easier than that.....

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Good points Kevan, but it should also be noted that the Hamers werent the only ones. There was at least one Rickenbacker 8 string, Galvestons, Chandlers, and probably others. Also worthy of note is that Rick Neilson own most of the basses we have seen Tom with. (Cant tell I am a cheap trick fan, can ya :D )

Doug Pinnick from King's X uses them as well.

Rock on JohnJohn! You beat me to it. The twelve string bass is a central component of their first four albums. It has a very metallic sound. From what I understand, it is a pretty hard beast to tame live and in the studio because it covers such a wide range of frequencies. I think Doug splits the signal to two amps one for the lower range and one for the upper. King's X is a three piece and they used the 12 string to fill in almost as a second guitar.

I'll try to track down some live audio that demonstrates the 12-string sound. If you ever heard "It's Love" by King's X (one of the few songs of theirs that got good radio play) it features the 12 string.

And about Pearl Jam. They are buddies with King's X and credit King's X with influencing their sound. Doug turned Jeff Ament on to the 12 string.

Doug's road tech was a guy that played in a friends band Yonderboy. He used the 8 and 12's live. He crossed them over between a marshal 1/2 stack and a bass rig.

You mean Splat or his new tech? I'm sure he's got all of Doug's sound secrets. His live sound with his four string is out of this world. He mimics a 12 string sound with 4. It thumps you right in the chest.

Check them out live this spring. You will not be disappointed:

Wed 04/21/04 Baton Rouge, LA @ Click's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri 04/23/04 Springfield, MO @ Nathan P Murphy's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 04/24/04 Little Rock, AR @ Juanita's

Sun 04/25/04 Atlanta, GA @ Smith's Olde Bar

Tue 04/27/04 Birmingham, AL @ The Nick

Wed 04/28/04 Nashville, TN @ Exit / In

Thu 04/29/04 Charlotte, NC @ Amos' Southend

Fri 04/30/04 Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Sat 05/01/04 Farmingdale, NY @ The Downtown

Mon 05/03/04 New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place

Tue 05/04/04 Pittsburgh, PA @ Hard Rock Cafe

Thu 05/06/04 Seaside, NJ @ The Green Room At Sawmill

Fri 05/07/04 Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights

Sat 05/08/04 Attleboro, MA @ Jarrod's

Sun 05/09/04 Philadelphia, PA @ North Star Bar

Mon 05/10/04 New York, NY @ B.B. King's Blues Club

Wed 05/12/04 Toronto, ON @ Club Rockit

Thu 05/13/04 Ferndale, MI @ The Magic Bag

Fri 05/14/04 East Dubuque, IL @ Arena

Sat 05/15/04 Chicago Heights, IL @ Oasis One Sixty

Sun 05/16/04 Saint Paul, MN @ The Rock

Tue 05/18/04 Sioux Falls, SD @ The Oaks Convention Center

Fri 05/21/04 Santa Ana, CA @ The Galaxy Theatre

Sat 05/22/04 Phoenix, AZ @ The Mason Jar

Sun 05/23/04 West Hollywood, CA @ The House Of Blues

Mon 05/24/04 Porterville, CA @ Charlie's

Tue 05/25/04 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge

Thu 05/27/04 Tucson, AZ @ The Rock