What Is A Good First Project To Get Started?

Shevlock

Thanks for posting that it took a while to get all the way through but was worth it. Definetly think used is the way to go rather than a kit. Looks to be a great learning experiance. That and have something to be proud of. Now just a question of what. Guitar to get and how to get that polly finish off.

After looking throught tons of sheets on veneersupplies.com I finally found two sets of sheets I wanted. When I went to checkout it was over $17 for shipping 4 sheets of veneer. I understand its super fragile and they have to use secure packaging and probally insure it also. The veneer was already quite expensive at $32 for four sheets that shipping it a bit too much.

Is thay average shipping?

Are there any other sites that show pictures of the specific veneer?

It makes me nervous enough ordering a prs se with how the quality of their top varies so dramatically. Looking how varied the veneer on that site was and how long it took me to find the ones I wanted. I don't think I would want to buy site unseen veneer. At least the lot picture gives you an idea of what you are getting.

I've bought most of my veneers off eBay, including the walnut, and that was a similar price to what you have been quoted, and you always get to see what your buying. I'm in the UK but that price seems pretty good to me, your right about the packaging and insurance but don't forget the size of the package when it comes to the shipping costs.