No Sound Until The Volume Knob Hits 6

Kokopelli

I am working on a tele style build and completed yesterday. Used a meter and check the connection's for continuity, then pluged her in and go no buzz sound from my amp , like if I had a loose wire or something. So I strung her up and began to play, not to bad sounding except that the volume does not kick in until the knob hits about 6.

I used wiring diagram from Seymour Duncan site ( tele witha neck humbucker) I used fender pots and a .033uf cap on tone and a .001uf on volume as a treble bleed.

What could cause a guitar to sound fine once it passes a certain spot on the volume knob. Bad pot? Bad treeble bleed?

Help I do not want to take it all apart.

Gary

linear or audio taper Pot?

its unusal to have no sound up to 6, but its not unusual to have a sudden increase in volume at some point in the pots travel.

you will see different recommendations like liner for tone, audio for volume. or audio for tone, linear for volume and any combination of this. my advice is to try the opposite of what you have now to see if you find like taper more usable

i much prefer audio taper pots for tone controls. a lot of people tell me this is daft, there is no need for audio taper on a tone pot.... but i have A/B'd them in the same guitar and that is what i like so everyone who says i am wrong can bugger off :D