Flamed Pine?

Pine is usually used for cheap lite pallets. Anything that take decent weight is usually poplar or maple. And like said, a lot of times they are whatever is cheap at the time. The company I work for is a steel fabricator so they destroy pine pallets around here in a day. Hardwoods are a must, but it is usually junk wood.

well got the curly peices out, heavy and dense, also a great tone from doing the ol' tone tap-bright and clear. i imagine its not pine, very straight, no knots or warps and very clean, minus a little saw chatter. im gonna hit em with a sander and some thinner see if the grain pops. and what about the nail holes? very few, and i prefer to call them "tone chambers" ha ha. well see what happens.

Edited by trashman

Nail holes are character. I actually really dig them on instruments. It shows the guitar had a history before it was even a guitar. Myka did a GREAT flamed redwood topped Dragonfly that was flamed redwood from an old bar stool if I remember correctly. There's a hole right in the top :D But that man has class and plugged the hole with a braz rosewood dowel hahahaha.

Chris