A Tiny Detail I'm Having Trouble With...

To sum it up, my esp alexi-200 looks awfully plain and boring. This modification really only affects the looks, but i got the idea of making stickers for the pinstripes like the ones on the japanese models. Tips on how i would do this myself are greatly appreciated, or if anyone has an alexi laiho guitar and could make a template or something for this, that would be even better.

Here's a video of these stickers "in action":

You can use striping or pinstriping tape. It comes in different widths and colors.

Would you consider painting the pinstripes on? It would be relatively easy to go buy some good pinstriping tape from an autobody shop or any auto parts store.

Just use the tape to replicate the design, stick em down, and then mask off the rest of the body thoroughly. Get auto paint in the color you want, and give it three or four VERY light coats of paint.

Make sure you do good prep work. Clean the whole top of the body very thoroughly. Get rid of dust. Paint in a room that you can close the door and keep air from moving around, and dust from settling on the paint.

Your other option, is to make the pinstrips from vinyl window decal material. Go to a sign shop, and ask them for a small section of material in the color you need. They'll always sell a section for five bucks. Then, draw trace and Xacto trim the decal. Use soapy water to slide the vinyl material onto the guitar, and a credit card or driver's license to smooth out the bubbles.