A Couple Of Recently Completed Guitars

Just finished these.

The 7 string droptop has 25.5" scale, Anegre top, and an Ash body.

Q-18-1.jpg

Q-14.jpg

Q-17-1.jpg

The 8 string droptop has 28" scale, Bubinga top, Ash wings, and Nordstrand pups.

KS-27.jpg

KS-25.jpg

KS-29.jpg

This one I recently restored back to it`s former glory.

Here is the condition it was in when it arrived.

DSCN2095.jpg

And after the restoration.

UV-6-1.jpg

UV-8-1.jpg

Edited by msherman

Hey Mike, good to see you here again. I am always inspired with the axes you create, that's some nice work!

Ohhh....but I'm sorry....that last one is....uhmm...so very green... repuke.gif

Hey Eric, Thanks for the kind words. I haven`t been around here for a while, so I figured I`d pop in.

Yeah, that green is....lovely...huh? LOL

Ok, I said I was just gonna post in the other threads, but I can't resist. The awesome compells me.

Also, I dig the look of relic'd guitars, but it looks like somebody went to that restoration guit's body with a hammer?!? :D That's not exactly natural looking wear, ha. Otherwise, though, I must admit that on that one, I liked the pre restoration look better than post. However, it's clear that the restoration was done with pro skill.

Ok, I said I was just gonna post in the other threads, but I can't resist. The awesome compells me.

Also, I dig the look of relic'd guitars, but it looks like somebody went to that restoration guit's body with a hammer?!? :D That's not exactly natural looking wear, ha. Otherwise, though, I must admit that on that one, I liked the pre restoration look better than post. However, it's clear that the restoration was done with pro skill.

The guitar was originally a UVGR that was Derek Taylor`s. He used it on a few instructional videos.

He stripped the finish, then took a blowtorch and hammer to it, as well as sharpied out the inlays. It then changed hands a few times. It wound up in the hands of one of the Mods over on Sevenstring .org where he handed it off to me for the restoration. It was ALOT of work restoring it back to it`s glory days!

The first one is basically my dream guitar. Slap on an Ibanez headstock, and a black backside, and there ya go :D The last one is basically on second place (I'm a sucker for the UVGR's!), so personally , i think you've done an awesome job on the guitars!

The first one is basically my dream guitar. Slap on an Ibanez headstock, and a black backside, and there ya go :D

That's sarcasm, right? :D

If I didn't build myself, I'd trade every Ibanez in my collection for one of Mike's instruments.

Haha! No. It really looks like the picture in my head, but without those two things B) I just like the 7 in-line better (not that the guitar was ugly or anything, just my preference)