Fun Guitar Something A Bit Different

I love all the serious guitars with the massive flame and exotic woods but sometimes ya need to have a bit of fun. SO here is a prototype FUN guitar. Its got a Theremin and a tremolo circuit for one selection and on the other side of the switch is a Fernandes sustainer and bridge pickup. No tone only volume and a kill switch.

I have made the neck for it and when I am happy with the switching and layout I will make a real body out of either alder or mahogany.

A tip of the hat to RATM and Muse.

body2.jpg

Body close

:D

That looks like its seriously heavy! :D

Actually seriously light. The body wood is agethis which is like a bad poplar, its crap wood but like I said this is a prototype body. Bacause of the design with the forward strap button location the body needs to be Telacaster like weight. With all the routing alot of wood is removed. When I get it strung up I can check the balance. If its ok I`ll use alder , if its a bit neck heavy I`ll use mahogany.

The idea is to paint it black (cause I have lots left over) and have Carbon Fibre access panels on the front.

Its alive, I fitted some strings and did a very quick set up , no intonation adjusted yet. The first sound suggests that

this is going to be good dispite the substantial EMF hum. There is no shielding yet. I now can go and get some proper wood for the body even though the agathis I was slaging off sounds pretty good. Its still crap to work with though.

IMG_0626.jpg

• 1 month later...
I love all the serious guitars with the massive flame and exotic woods but sometimes ya need to have a bit of fun. SO here is a prototype FUN guitar. Its got a Theremin and a tremolo circuit for one selection and on the other side of the switch is a Fernandes sustainer and bridge pickup. No tone only volume and a kill switch.

I have made the neck for it and when I am happy with the switching and layout I will make a real body out of either alder or mahogany.

A tip of the hat to RATM and Muse.

This thread has been marked for deletion.

Your guitar has too many ideas in it for inclusion in this forum. Our patented "Leo" software has rated it as "Different".

Some suggestions:

remove any electronics requiring a battery

replace pickups with PAF's or P90's

make the body shape the same as a les paul or any other guitar more than 40 years old

finish with nitro cellulose lacquer

Once you de-radicalize your guitar, you may re-submit it for posting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your guitar has too many ideas in it for inclusion in this forum. Our patented "Leo" software has rated it as "Different".

Some suggestions:

make the body shape the same as a les paul or any other guitar more than 40 years old

Dude, you're an idiot. 6 posts on this forum, and all of them are generally negative toward all members here. Either you have another user name and are too much of a coward to use it to post stuff like this, or you're just a jerk to begin with. Either way, shut your trap and move on. If you don't like this place then leave, but don't subject everyone else to your inane babbling. Nobody cares. Now stop interupting interesting build threads.

Thanks. :D

Some suggestions:

LOLZ

Thanks...Man, some people take this stuff way too serious.

Some suggestions:

Dude, you're an idiot. 6 posts on this forum, and all of them are generally negative toward all members here. Either you have another user name and are too much of a coward to use it to post stuff like this, or you're just a jerk to begin with. Either way, shut your trap and move on. If you don't like this place then leave, but don't subject everyone else to your inane babbling. Nobody cares. Now stop interupting interesting build threads.

Thanks. :D

I think he's kidding brother. You know, sarcasm.

I do like your lead-in "Dude, you're an idiot" and the signature "thanks :D ". Now that's irony.

Thirdstone, this is an interesting build. I look forward to seeing your progress.

I think he's kidding brother. You know, sarcasm.

I do like your lead-in "Dude, you're an idiot" and the signature "thanks :D ". Now that's irony.

Thirdstone, this is an interesting build. I look forward to seeing your progress.

IPA, the sarcasm on my part was intended. And on his part, he was just following up 4 very negative consecutive posts from another thread with this drivel under a thin coating of sarcasm. I suggest you read the thread by Zeb Hendrix to get a feel for what I was responding to.

BTW, I intend to have a few good IPA's tonight myself. Cheers!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

he was just following up 4 very negative consecutive posts from another thread with this drivel under a thin coating of sarcasm.

Yes... but you see... one usually includes smileys to show that something is a joke and not an insult. :D Mr. 6-string did not include smileys.

Dude, I think you should leave that guitar with the clear plastic on the front! Can you imagine playing on stage with something like that? That would be so cool!!! :D

So ..after all that ......... Ok the Theremin was bought on EBay as a stand alone unit which I dissasembled and fitted. No big deal getting one, just the cost.

I have the neck completed (with grim reaper inlay) except for oiling it and the body is almost done. I`ll post soon. As for the EMI noise , I have played it on the test mule which was totaly open and unshielded. It had noise but nothing that can`t be fixed. The perspex is being replaced by Carbon Fibre. So there are no rear access panels , its all front mounted. I will make it so that the complete electronics except for the pups can be lifted off the body with strings attached. The CF will act as a EMI shield as a bonus.

I still don`t have a bridge pup for permenant fit so I might try to use one of the humbuckers I made out of the single coils I had.

This post

When I finish that strat project , which will be very soon I can get stuck into this one.

If anyone knows of a carbon fibre laminate maker in Australia let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a while but I m back on track with the project. I have made the real body and i am just waiting for some carbon fibre for the top and a pickup which I found second hand, a SD JB. While i wait for that I have been playing with the electronics . Here is a very short video of the Theremin through a VOX moddling amp. VIDEO

:D