Framus Hollywood

It's been booked in yesterday to have a new scratch plate fitted... along with the new pickups :D

(2 x Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Humbucker's).

- I'm talking about my once delapadated 1960's single cutaway Framus Hollywood, that I had fixed in feburary. -

lets see... so far i've had:

the neck re-fretted

the action adjusted

the binding redone

gotoh tunermatic machineheads fitted

jim dunlop strap lock system fitted

and now it's finally been booked in... for the last time!

I'm turning this guitar into Slash's Guitar, well, in a sense, because he choose the exact same pickups and installed them into a 59' Gibson Les Paul, that I thought, what would he have done, had he of had a Framus?

hence this project Slash's Framus.

will post pictures ONCE COMPLETE!

• 6 months later...

ALRIGHT!

That was my old user account (to which I actually forgot the user name)

SO TO UPDATE YOU ON MY PROJECT (As i'm still with out a photo)

aswell as the modifications I listed in my previous post in my previous account, It had:

Schaller Birdge (As uused by Gibson on their Les Paul's)

A set of APH1 (Alnico 2 pro humbucker) for bridge & neck (As used by Slash)

3 way selctor switch with a tophat style telecaster switch head

Brand new to match thicker wooden scrtach plate, looks beautiful.

It had extra wood glued in to accomodate the bridge.

Built into the guitar... the, whole guitar is finsihsed, and WILL ADD PHOTOS ASAP.

The guitar was orignially gold, and had one p90 style pickup, and made in Germany by Framus in the mid 60's for a while.

I FOUND THIS OUT years later, becuase I was 13 in 2000 and baught it from a pawn shop in town, and, by thenn, it was a delaperdasted peice of rickerty loose wood, all the best parts had been harvested by it's previous owner, it was pained brown (which I liked), it had a wooden scratch palte, (I had never seen one before) with 2 of the Frmaus style pickups, and a chrome humbucker... in the neck postion!

There was a cut out peice an old tobacco tin turned backwards acting as a trustrod cover!

I, after having it for acouple of years, booked it in to get restored in 2007, and then later, they told me that my mystrery guitar was a Framus, I luckily found that Framus were back in business under it's sister company Warwick, who make the basses... and so was luckily enough to find a truss rod cover cover that said Framus Hollywood.

The guitar now works and is a rare gem.

SLASH'S FRAMUS HOLLYWOOD, Got finsihsed in Januaray 2008

I've have 9 guitars, 1 current project, and spent the better part of my time getting these guitars in my life in working order.... I have 1 current dream project, like I had on my 'Myster Les Pal'... It was nice when it turned out to be a guitar of any Vaule, but, I like, making MY guitars nice :D... it's a "lame" broken Columbus Strat , and I love it, so, I HAVE BIG THINGS ORDERED FOR THIS guitar, that was broken, when I aquired it from a freind ina trade of another 'would be project' of mine. (but I hated the neck with a passion, and felt it was unqie to why I liked it) but it had to go! the Columbus Neck, won me over in a instant, and now the BORKEN HEADSTOCK on it has finally been fixed, wood holds stronger too when glued after being broken! :D

I will work on my Columbus, in terms of raising funds for that, HA... erm... as soon as that gets finished (AND, it's a major project for me and the workshop knows and are laid back enough to take me as I come) so after all my big plans to get it WORKING/BEUATIFUL/1 OF KIND... then I will work on the Photo's for that and my, TO BE ANNOUCED IN ANOTHER TOPIC ON A LATER DATE Columbus Stratocaster.