Rings?

If you use a recessed tunamatic the string through maintains a good break angle over the bridge, which is important for many reasons. To little angle leads to strings jumping out of their saddles, rattling saddles, and reduced sustain and tone.

It also provides very good accoustic coupling of the strings to the body, but a stop tail is pretty good too, so the difference is quite subtle.

A good tip for the string ferrules on the top of the guitar is to use the brass eyes from ball end strings. You can source the back ferrules from most parts suppliers.

Just save the ball ends from your old strings. I've got about 50 of 'em now! Get 'em from a bass player too, they're bigger. I got this advice here!

And you might want to be careful to round off the inside edge with a needle file, where the string breaks over the metal on its way to the bridge, otherwise you risk breaking the string at that point. At least for the bottom 3 strings.

i think tune-o-matic w/ string-thru body bridges are the best. they give the guitar an acoustic like vibrance, they also look elegant and feel comfortable. well, just my personal preference.

Page.