White P-90 Covers

CleverPun

I was wondering about white P-90 covers. I saw them on the Bare Knuckles site, otherwise the possibility never would have occurred to me. I was wondering if anybody knew where these covers could be purchased, because white pickups would go much better with the build I'm planning. If anybody knows where these can be purchased in either normal format or dogear format, I would love to hear it. I think they would look much better than cream with the guitar I have planned. If anybody can :D , I would be much obliged.

Edited by CleverPun

I've never seen anything but off-white and black covers. When I need white molded plastic parts, I just paint the part I need. If you pick your paints carefully, it can look just as good as any other plastic part, and take abuse as well.

Ha ha... um, don't use spraypaint unless you want a cool "aged" look to appear within a few days. :D

The one time I did it, I used a PPG etching primer, PPG white basecoat, and PPG clear topcoat. However, I'm inclined to say that you could skip the first two steps if you scuffed up the plastic with some 00 steel wool and tinted your clear top coat white. If you don't have access to a spray gun setup, the enamels that auto part stores sell as "engine paint" or "brake caliper pain" would be an excellent 2nd choice.

peace,

russ

I was wondering about white P-90 covers. I saw them on the Bare Knuckles site,

i never noticed they did white ones before, just checked the shop and there they are:

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/shop/p...;products_id=99

unfortunately they only have the cream and black covers listed in the accessories section but it might be worth giving Tim a call, he is generally very helpfull. Of course you could always buy a set of BKP-90's with the white covers

I was wondering about white P-90 covers. I saw them on the Bare Knuckles site,

i never noticed they did white ones before, just checked the shop and there they are:

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/shop/p...;products_id=99

unfortunately they only have the cream and black covers listed in the accessories section but it might be worth giving Tim a call, he is generally very helpfull. Of course you could always buy a set of BKP-90's with the white covers

Yeah. I sent him a message and he said that they weren't available in white in dogear format. Then I sent him one about normal P-90s, and he didn't respond. And Bare Knuckles are so expensive compared to these P-90s Black Dog introduced me to.

Bare knuckles are expensive and that put me off trying any for a long time, now i have tried a few i dont intend on using anything else if i can help - - well worth the money.. But hard to justify them when budget pickups can be picked up so cheap and still be pretty damn nice.

Bare knuckles are expensive and that put me off trying any for a long time, now i have tried a few i dont intend on using anything else if i can help - - well worth the money.. But hard to justify them when budget pickups can be picked up so cheap and still be pretty damn nice.

They really do seem great. Maybe I'll try them out once I really get into building, but for right now, they're too pricey. Especially now that I've decided I want to try an inlay from cSuttle (Those are expensive!). Anyways, I would love to hear them if you have a sound sample you could send me.

Anyways, I have an update on Bare Knuckles white pickups. After speaking with their customer service, I know this: They do not stock white dogears, but white soapbar covers are available. If anybody is interested, all you have to do is make an indication in the notes section when you place an order for standard cream covers from their site.