Second Work

Very nice work my friend, it looks great! I like how clean the body shape is and the carves look very cool. The neck is also look fantastic. Just curious, what type of wood is the neck? Your work is very nice and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck! J

That was exactly my first thought, but I really couldn't say for certain from those pics and I have come across some less common woods that have a similar tone to certain shades that black limba can have. I can't even begin to remember their names now, but I had taken a few pics and posted them a while back. I had found them at rockler and they didn't even know anything about them really. In the pics they don't look like much, but I know if I had wiped them down, people would have been drooling. Anyhow, I'm with you in sticking with b.limba for now, but I'm just curious if thats what it is. We shall see. J

Hi everyone!! Thanks a looooot

I forgot to check the "notify by mail" button.

Very nice work my friend, it looks great! I like how clean the body shape is and the carves look very cool. The neck is also look fantastic. Just curious, what type of wood is the neck? Your work is very nice and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck! J

Hello again! As I live in brazil, those are some local special woods. For the body, I used "Cedro-Rosa" from mahogny family. For the neck I used "Pau-Marfim", Leo Fender once came here and aproved this wood as Fender quality construction wood. For the fingerboard I used Ebony.

Look the pictures below...

Thanks A lot!

looks like black limba

Already Answered! Thanks a lot!!

That was exactly my first thought, but I really couldn't say for certain from those pics and I have come across some less common woods that have a similar tone to certain shades that black limba can have. I can't even begin to remember their names now, but I had taken a few pics and posted them a while back. I had found them at rockler and they didn't even know anything about them really. In the pics they don't look like much, but I know if I had wiped them down, people would have been drooling. Anyhow, I'm with you in sticking with b.limba for now, but I'm just curious if thats what it is. We shall see. J

Thanks!!

Check it out people!!!

IMG_0575.jpg

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07366/IMG_0596.jpg

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07366/IMG_0599.jpg

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07366/IMG_0601.jpg

Edited by Jungle Boy

Hey man, nice work!! I'm from Venezuela, and i have used Cedro Rosa as well, it's called Spanish cedar in english :D and yes, it is of the same family as mahogany and i've used for bodies and necks, it's pretty much like using mahogany that smells really good :D Your guitar looks great!! keep up the good work B)

Thanks for answering my questions! I had an idea it might be something else, but in that first pic it does look similar to black limba. I really like your wood choices. I must say that the new pictures really gave me a better idea of the shapes and carves on your guitar and I think they are awesome!! I don't know why, but the shape and carves just make it look so cool! I cannot wait to see this one all finished up. The wood combos will look so classy together and with that shape, will just equal an amazing axe. If you showed me just the back, the outline of the body wouldn't be all that special to me, but the way you beveled and carved the front is great and really makes the guitar very cool. Great work and I can't wait to see more! J

For everyone here is a little info on the neck wood:Pau Marfim/Guatambu

Sounds like a nice wood for necks! Just as long as you make sure its fully dry before starting. Thanks for telling me the wood, I enjoy learning about new woods.