Dream Theater

ibanezplayer

• 2 weeks later...
I am now temporarily deaf thanks to Dream Theater. Rockin' concert out in Dallas tonight! Redemption and Into Eternity kicked ass too.

Earplugs, man! I bring 'em to every show, and get pissed at myself if I forget them. No need to go deaf just to have fun!

however the singer can be tough to take sometimes. A little too dramatic for me

+1

Great band, I can't say I've been blown away by the last 2 albums (Systematic Chaos is slowly growing on me), although Train of Thought takes a lot of beating for me personally.

I am now temporarily deaf thanks to Dream Theater. Rockin' concert out in Dallas tonight! Redemption and Into Eternity kicked ass too.

Earplugs, man! I bring 'em to every show, and get pissed at myself if I forget them. No need to go deaf just to have fun!

Yeah, and I'm always the guy in the pit or near it. I'll write that down now since I'm about to head out to a Symphony X concert at Ridglea. Man, I spend like $500 a year in concerts!

Man, I spend like $500 a year in concerts!

All the more reason to wear earplugs. Hearing damage accrues over time, and you can't get it back once you lose it. I took a class on (among other things) industrial noise exposure, and the statistics are really quite startling! Anyway, I really like the 'Hearos' earplugs that guitar center sells. They are pretty comfortable, and they don't totally destroy the tonality of the music, unlike the cheap wax or foam earplugs. My guitar player swears by them, too.

Oh yeah, Dream Theater is cool, too!

Symphony X dominated my face, they own. Another great night! It's great to see big bands in small venues. I still can't get over how awesome Redemption is, I've been in contact with their bassist since that night, he's a great player and a very cool guy!

Wow, who knew that Drak was a DT fan? I have seen them since Images and Words and in the last few years have grown tired of them. Probably from my overplaying of them and the recent stuff doesn't seem as good to me (isn't that always the case though?). Still a fan though and still crank it on occasion. There are tons of other prog metal bands out these days (that all took their cues from DT) to listen to if you want to expand or move on. Try Karmakanic, S-X, John Arch, OSI, etc.