Ibanez Rg Setup

Hi dudes, just got a mint 01 rg550 in black with a maple fretboard. Im well chuffed with it as iv wanted one for ever. Iv also got a rgt42bp and good as it is this thing pisses on it! Iv just given the 550 a set up with the jem site guide, and im wondering what your action is roughly at the 12th fret. I like mine low but not stupid low. No fret buzz!!! Also what Dimarzio pups do u recomend? i play thrash - Death. More specificly thrash - Chuck Shuldiner Death. If that makes any sense to you. Sorry i cant spell im a dumb ass! Also i wanna change the pick gaurd to a 2 humbucker silver item, any ideas where and how much? iv tryed pick gaurd paradise and can only see ones with 2 humbucker and a single coil. Cheers for your help!

Hey man, congratulations. I've got an RG350, and I have an Evolution bridge with a P.A.F. Pro neck pickup. The Evo is a dream for metal riffs. I don't use the neck pickup that often, and when I do it's usually for cleans, so I can't help you there. As far as a pickguard goes, you should be able to find one on ebay for less than 30 bucks. Probably 20ish.

Aiguitars on evilbay will make you a pickguard with any pickup config, or color he has in stock, and his product is very high quality. As far as your pickups, its more of a personal chioce....not to mention, your amp. Id dosent matter what kind of pickups you have in a guitar, you wont get the signature Death sound if you playin through a old fender twin. Not trying to sound like your dad, but before a moderater says anything, you need to watch your chioce of words a little better. That kind of stuff is frowned upon here. With that said...welcome to the forum