8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

Ace UPS charge almost $60 ^^

i'm live in korea.

if you want to Bird’s-eye Maple blank?

visit http://www.gilmerwood.com/instrument_wood-...ingerboards.htm

gilmerwood is good wood ^^

my blank is buy in musical wood trade in korea.

this maple is imported in canada.

sup hyunsu

i like 7 more than 8 too.

[i am so jealous, the wood that you can get is so cheap. it is so hard to get in australia. i want to move to Korea now!]

Page.

I know Hyun, that was supposed to be a joke. Did you actually look that up at UPS? Thanks mate, I appreciate that, but I reckon if it was that easy, more guitarbuilders would get their woods from Korea ;-)

anyway, with those real nice neck blanks, I'm already coruios how the finished guitar will turn out

so long

ace

When I look to buy Birdseye, I look at the size of the birds (I like 'em big), the quilting patterns in the wood that are associated with them, and the 'whiteness', or 'clearness' of the piece. No darkened mineral streaks if you can avoid it.

Also, the 'busyness' of the birds. Some of it can be just too 'busy'. There's a difference between 'busy', and 'lots of clusters'. Busy just doesn't look good, even tho there are lots of birds, they're grouped much too close together and the look just doesn't quite cut it. 'Lots of Clusters' is SWEET! It's busy with birds, and very attractive too.

#1 and #5 are like that. Nice quilting going on, but the birds are 'too busy' for me.

If there's very little quilting, I pass. It's only the Birdseye that has a good amount of birds of good size and a good amount of quilting along with them that I buy.

If there's very little quilt, it just looks like 2-dimensional dots to me.

A generous amount of quilting topped by great 'birds' takes it to the 3-D level.

Out of that bunch, #8 is the only one I'd consider buying, it seems to have more of what I look for than any other one there.

Nice fat birds, a very good 'clearness', or yellow color to the wood, good quilt, no mineral streaks. #8 seems to have a very 'patterned' look to it, which I take (if I was building a neck anyway) as a good candidate for stability.

Also, if you look at #8, the birds are big enough to where you can see the 'quilt' in the very eyes themselves. Good overall quilt, even and clear coloring, and good quilting even in the birds themselves. That's a winner looker.

Also, a piece with tons of birds in one part and none right next to it would speak 'unstable' to me, maybe prone to warping.

Yup, #8 wud be fo' me.

thank you for your advice..

#8 is my wife's choice.... ^^

this neck blank is make strat or tele style.

i'm begin make guitar is 2002 years, and my dream is master builder ^^