Recent Wood Score

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy that helped me code and design the site has been busy with college the past few months, which is why the site hasn't changed much in the past 3-4 months. I'm only good at image editing and the like and I haven't had the time to learn Dream Weaver. Once he's back I plan on fixing a few bugs with the store or just doing an open page of everything I have for sale. Regardless, I don't plan on buying anymore wood once my stock runs out. I still have about 20 slotted guitar fingerboards amongst many other odds and ends, feel free to PM me if there's anything specific you're looking for!

Yeah, there is some very insane figuring in some of the pieces. Sadly, the best figuring in the entire tree had this hollow area in it that built up a lot of moisture. Everything that was cut from that section has cracked fairly badly, the rest of the Walnut is in great shape. The stickering is almost complete, I ran out of stickers so I couldn't finish the task. The rest of my day went towards building the roof. Tomorrow I should have the lumber storage area loaded with all the redwood so I'll have 20% more space in the shop, woo!

Black%20Walnut%2031.JPG

Workshop%2013.JPG

• 4 months later...

I just pulled out 2 stacks of the walnut to cut up for tops, all the 1" thick pieces are now at 10-14% moisture content so I'll be stickering them inside now. One of the thicker pieces is being glued up now as a body blank, surprisingly it's at 10%. This one will be stored away and used for a prototype 8-string build next year.

Black%20Walnut%2032_001.jpg