Finished Ash Randy Rhoads Project

this is my finished randy rhoads guitar.

it is slightly different than a jackson by means that the longer horn is a little tilted in, wich makes it about a 9/10 size. here are the specs

solid ash body, stained with red mahogany stain

22 fret maple bolt on neck on rosewood with reverse harpoon style headstock

tom bridge with string thru construction( no rear string ferrules)

1 volume, 1 tone

single bridge hum, (guitarheads, active)

input located on shorter horn.

i play heavy metal, and i had originally planned on selling this guitar after i built it, but i sounds so good, i want to keep it. i have tried to sell it a few times, but it seems as though it is only worth 46$ according to ebay. o well.

please let me know if the pics are too big

nrhoads003.jpg

let me know what you think!

:D:DB)

Edited by killemall8

Ok, I may be late, but I only see one picture. Does it have a Jackson logo on the neck? Is it in fact, a Jackson neck? Or a knock off? I put my logo on the neck of the first guitar I built. It wasn't a neck that I built, so doesn't that open a whole new can of worms? I would never try to scam anyone, I have built replacement bodies for Charvels, and Jacksons, but would sell it as a Jackson neck, with a replacement body. Do you know what I mean. I am not at the stage of selling the guitars that I build, but would like to talk about this. Not trying to start a heated debate.

He had more pics; one showed a "Jackson" headstock.

"wait, i diddnt try to sell it as a jackson. i clearly stated on the first line on the listing that this was in no way a jackson guitar, it was purley for cosmetics. i did not attempt to commit fraud or anything."

Time for some comments to be withdrawn?

no, it wasnt a jackson neck but i had an extra logo laying around from my last project( yes it was a real jackson) and i thought id try to test another logo to see if i could get it perfectly level. i dont see why a little expiernmenting has got me such a bad reputation in 2 days.

He had more pics; one showed a "Jackson" headstock.

"wait, i diddnt try to sell it as a jackson. i clearly stated on the first line on the listing that this was in no way a jackson guitar, it was purley for cosmetics. i did not attempt to commit fraud or anything."

Time for some comments to be withdrawn?

what do you mean withdraw comments? why and how? i would like to know please. and is there anyway you can delete your topics? because this one of mine seems to be getting me a bad reputation and is making me sound like an idiot. please help. thanks

Try the rear of the bottom point (back of the guitar using a Strat-style recess plate and socket) or my preferred placement of the back of the top horn about three or four inches from the crotch of the "V" if that is where you pop your rear strap button. Perfect to loop around for security!

very nice, im making one like that in my woods class, but im not sure where to put the input. any suggestions? :D

put it close to your control cavity. I would opt for the same side shown in the pictures from the link. that way it's close to the strap and you can hang it over the strap when you play or run it to a wireless transmitter if you have one

Dude, i looked at the other ones you designed, and theyre pretty sick. That wild design jsut does it for me. Keep it up, but, you know by now, make your own logo.

thanks. im still learing about all this. ive been at it for about 2 years, but i am all self taught. im only 17, and is hard to pay for supplies. that wild one is going to be a flat black with emgs. i am starting another one soon that will be neck thru mahogany wings and neck.

Edited by killemall8