Customizing A Keiper Les Paul Copy

Nice work! It's shaping up to be a much better piece of machinery already. My only comment would be to switch the pickups out with something that compliments your style of music better. O'course, I say that every time, whenever I don't know the manufacturer/model of the pickups :D

Where'd you order that killswitch from? I'd much prefer getting one of those, an actual button, as opposed to wiring a switch so that it's dead in the middle. I was originally thinking of using a stompbox button, but those lock in place, which means twice the button pushing, hahaha

Thanks Xanthus. These are the switches I used.

switch.jpg

The one on the right is the push to break switch (I got it from ebay, you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. In fact it's the only design I could find). The one on the left is from RS (http://rswww.com), do a search for spst and it'll be on the third page. I bought it for the plastic ring and button suface.

I quite like the sound of the neck pickup but I wouldn't mind replacing the bridge pickup - it's ok but it could do with being a bit more powerfull.

Any electronics store will have a similar switch. It's also sometimes called a "momentary switch, normally on" (not to be confused with normally off, which would mean you'd have to press it to complete the circuit and hear anything!)

Greg

I got around to sorting the wireing yesterday, fun and games! I bought a cheap solering kit off ebay to do the work. I don't know if it was bad solder wire or the iron not being hot enough but it took forever. I'll admit it's been a long time since i've done any soldering but I don't remember it being like that! The wire wouldn't melt on the tip of the iron, only halfway down the shaft, and when it did it wouldn't stick to anything (even after scoring the contacts), it just fell away in nice litttle silver balls (including into my paintwork :D. I've now got a moon like surface around my kill switch)!

When I finally got it done I tested the guitar only to find that the push to break switch I used worked the wrong way! I replaced it with a spare push to make switch (after more grief from the soldeing kit from hell) and found that it worked as I wanted it to. After some head scratching I realized it was down to the way it was wired, the signal was goint to one post and off the same ont to the jack socket an the other post was connected to earth. It had to be push to make to make the connection to earth to cut the sound! It's been way too long since I messed with any electronics :D!!!

I also plucked up the courage to knock off the nut. I don't know what I was worried about, it came off without any problems.