Ever Heard Of Q-tuner Pickups?

Guest Mavet

Guest Mavet

hi

I just found out about these pickups: http://www.q-tuner.com/

Has enyone had any experience with these?

they have a clean clip of it on their website that sounds very cool, almost acustic-like, but I was wondering if it will do metal riffage as well.

(My concern is that it will lack bass and have ear piercing treble...)

Thanks

I forgot about these, but I remember the website coming up a while ago. They need to get into a major manufacturer's house for some much-needed publicity. :D

No experience, I'm afraid-- but at least one of their guitar models is aimed at the "metal" crowd.

Greg

Yeah, their Super High Z Gl-6 and Gl-7 Pups are aimed at metal.

I haven't used them, but will order a GL-6 Medium and High Z pair for my first build in a month or so. The only things I can tell you are what I've heard, being that they are uber sensitive, very unique and the future.

Have fun, if you get a pair, please record a sound clip and wallop it up, there's is great, but they don't have an example of what theyr'e like with some distortion.

Petrol

The pickups really have 2 distinct parts. The pole pieces on the outside edges so the balance between neck and bridge sounds can be mildly controlled a little better than other pickups, and of coarse the use of the neodymium magnets. I would expect them to sound like having a distortion stomp box in the effects loop on a clean amp setting, when used for metal sounds. Should work really nicely, I'd surmise. Plus if you love a crystal clean tone, they'd be an extra boost. Just my 2 cents, and I may be completely off track here. I'm curious to here them, for sure.