Wez Venables Latest

WezV

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe at the ripe age of 35 I'm finally starting to find the simplicity of the telecaster shape appealing.

This could be a major undercurrent flowing it's way to the surface...................Oh well, I guess I shouldn't fight it.

Well done, Wes on the tele to date, and the colour and burst came up a treat. Really suits it. !!! :D

cheers,Stu

aha stu

everyone comes to the tele eventually

its like the frst time you ever witness the truth

cheers from the ole picker

cheers everyone, i am very happy with the finish we eventually got on this one - we are going to do more coloured and bursted finishes now i reckon

Ohh Goody, another Harry Potter Junky.

I'm a big fan too. Finished Deathly Hallows on Sunday. :D

Has to be done, thats all there is to it!!!

Maybe at the ripe age of 35 I'm finally starting to find the simplicity of the telecaster shape appealing.

This could be a major undercurrent flowing it's way to the surface...................Oh well, I guess I shouldn't fight it.

Well done, Wes on the tele to date, and the colour and burst came up a treat. Really suits it. !!! :D

cheers,Stu

aha stu

everyone comes to the tele eventually

its like the frst time you ever witness the truth

cheers from the ole picker

Funny that, my cousing always screws his nose up at every tele - but after he had finished spraying this he said 'I think i quite need a telecaster'!!!!!

Those reflector knobs look awesome!

Where did you get them? Are they split shaft only?

anywhere really - i think i got them from stew-mac

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Knobs/Bell_kno...Bell_Knobs.html

Ohh Goody, another Harry Potter Junky.

I'm a big fan too. Finished Deathly Hallows on Sunday. :D

I have to admit that I actually like Harry Potter as well. I never bothered with it until I saw the first movie. Then I was hooked. But I have been limiting myself to buying the book for the most recent movie a few weeks before the movie comes out.

Hi Wez, that´s a beautiful tele really :D !! Only one thing I could change, HB without the ring or with a metal chrome one.

I hope that my firts home made guitar can be at least 10% of yours !

And... I like Harry Potter as well :D I´m a child of forty !! B)

took some more pics!!

front:

th_9-1.jpg

th_7-2.jpg

th_1-3.jpg

and back:

th_11-1.jpg

th_5-1.jpg

th_3-2.jpg

the more observant among you may notce the back has no ferrules. Personally i dont like ferrules ever since i has a guitar (brought not built) that they always fell out of. so this has a chunk of ebony inset into the back to act as a single ferrule for all the strings. the finish is ever so slightly transparent so with a bright enough light you can see the ebony:

4-2.jpg

i also added a gut-cut and a slightly angled heel to give the tele some modern comforts!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

i have used them a few times - but only because i brought 3 at once. They are a nice gimmick but the best part is giving it to guitarists and watching them struggle with it. Most people forget its there and just start tugging on the lead which always makes me nervous. If someone steps on the lead the jack isnt coming out of the socket but the whole assembly will probably tear out of the guitar

I decided the benefits were not enough to bother with them unless someone really wants one, wrapping the lead around the strap performs many of the same functions

Well, my initial reaction to them was that I didn't like the bright red tab, and I didn't like all the plastic. But I thought the underlying functionality was kind of cool.

Now that I really think about it though, I can't recall ever having accidentally unplugged a guitar cable.

I think I'll stick with my metal barrel jacks for the most part.