Gieger Ibanez

"hella" is early eightees,greg.read a metallica cd jacket sometime

maiden...well,i have not seen one in person...but i think it would be pretty easy to lay down that sick grey as a base,then spray some black through a frisket template,and clear it

funny thing...i ordered one when they first came out...but the store (online) dicked me around about the availability,so i canceled the order....so i almost had one to look at in person.

reason i wanted it was not so much the art,but rather the fact that it was the cheapest neck thru mahogany bodied rgt available at the time

Ibanez comissioned artist H. R. Giger (of "Alien" fame) to create artwork for some guitars.

I doubt that he would allow anyone to recreate his work freehand, there's little doubt that it is a large decal just like the photo-topped BC Rich's & IMO, equally as tacky. Geiger's work is amazing, the black thru-neck RG's actually look quite nice but airbrush graphics on guitars should be left in the 80's

I must've missed it the first time around. It was used excessively in the hip-hop scene and throughout pop culture in the early 2000's. I guess I just didn't get to it until then. :D All my Metallica was on dubbed cassettes! :D

depends on the specific gieger you're reffering to.

The "normal" ones you can buy are most likely a decal.

The ones at NAMM were sand blasted through a mask to give it the 3D effect.

The ones at NAMM were amazing.

The one you can buy..... "eh...."

I must've missed it the first time around. It was used excessively in the hip-hop scene and throughout pop culture in the early 2000's. I guess I just didn't get to it until then. :D All my Metallica was on dubbed cassettes! :D

I missed it the second time around! I have been saying it based on a South Park episode where Cartman said it all the time, pissing everyone off. It didn't even occur to me that the word had a history; I thought they made it up. I'll have to start reading all my cd booklets and see what else I've missed out on!