2 Piece Neck

gazaa

i cut a piece of indian rosewood for a neck with an angled peghead such that the headstock breaks off the neck at ~12 degrees, ie a gibson or prs-ish neck. however, i did a sort of slab joint..... i first cut straight down the blank to separate the neck and headstock, and then cut a sliver off the headstock to create the angle. will this be strong enough to withstand string tension? if not, how can i reinforce/salvage it?

thanks

Didn't really understand how you are planing to glue things together. A picture would help.

No no no, never glue wood end-grain to end-grain like that. What you want is a scarf joint, like this.

th_Head09.jpgth_8string18.jpgth_8string23.jpgth_8string25.jpg

To accomplish this, both pieces are cut at the same angle. You want a 12 degree angle, cut the neck and the head piece at a 12 degree angle, then glue together.

Jon and leeranya are right. If you are unsure how to do this type av join, it has ben discussed how to do it with a simple jig and a router. Or just check out my how-to page here