Have I Gone Insane?

westhemann

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to that thick skin you were bragging about,crafty?

i think he has a point...hehe...self analysis can be devastating and a bruised ego can lash out...hehe

I'd prefer it if he'd quit analyzing ME and let me worry about doing the analysis myself. Believe me, Mick's had a while to work his way under my skin and it's really become more than irritating.

hehe...taste of your own medicine,crafty...?payback is hell?a penny saved is a penny...wait...that one doesn't apply.

just a little gentle ribbing,crafty...mick has a point...you do come off a little snobby sometimes(i know...i do to) :D

dont worry, hes just upset his LT1 is getting outdated by the LS2.

j/k crafty

and you guys would be sickened to learn how much those two cars share in common.

even worse,

look into a Nissan Pathfinder and a Nissan 300ZX. Engine/transmission/rear end/ most steering/wheels(hubs and spindles)/brakes/most brackets/electronics/etc...

as far as this guitar goes, I dont see a reason to spend 6000 on it. I could have a 100% custom guitar with my name inlayed into the body done for cheaper.

what you don't know desopolis is that i drive a cobalt...i know exactly how little they have in common,aside from just little stuff like peripherals.

crafty knows what i drive,which is why he made the analogy...he is saying "SOME people are perfectly content to drive a mediocre car such as what you drive,wes...but others like myself,the great crafty the magnificent,MUST not sully themselves with sanything less than a corvette...that's how i roll"

hehe...what crafty doesn't know is that i am typing this from my car on my high end laptop through a mobile broadband internet connection while sipping a $5 cup of coffee and thinking about whethher or not my new guitar is going to arrive today and debating whether or not to buy the new mII standard esp to add to my multi thousand $ collection of guitars,amps,and other musical equipment.

and when i get home i will hook my laptop up to my 32" plasma tv to use as a monitor whiled i type from across the room on my wireless keyboard and click with my wireless mouse...

you see...i have toys too,but i know where my priorities are

I was unaware the reference was personal, and toys are toys..

Im a poor student who lives off rammen but has nice stuff..

my last big thing was cars with things like this:

turbo1.jpg

but I find guitar building to be a MUCH cheaper hobby, plus taking time on a guitar means patience, taking time on a car means lazyness.

its a MP GT-45 turbocharger, a brazilian company.. many guys at turbo mustangs swear by them, so I picked one up..

the turbo is rated at 1000HP, I was planning 765WHP in a 351W but Im selling it now.. if it doesnt sell, it will go on a 6.0 ls1 based truck engine in a very, very, small car.

Im saving up for a crotch rocket though.. 3k gets me a 11 second vehicle, just wont keep me dry in the rain.

maybe if I get back to making TONS of money for a single college student again Ill hop back into the car stuff.

what you don't know desopolis is that i drive a cobalt...i know exactly how little they have in common,aside from just little stuff like peripherals.

crafty knows what i drive,which is why he made the analogy...he is saying "SOME people are perfectly content to drive a mediocre car such as what you drive,wes...but others like myself,the great crafty the magnificent,MUST not sully themselves with sanything less than a corvette...that's how i roll"

Actually, I forgot you had a Cobalt...my daily driver is an HHR. Same thing except with a wagon body that looks waaay too much like a PT, but I like it!

The 'vette is not a daily driver, it's a toy. Much like that ESP or for that matter any other "custom shop" guitar. The 'vette is also twelve years old and I picked it up for waaay less than I gave for the HHR at a wholesale auction. My point in the whole message was that it's not a matter of what you play, or drive, but how you play or drive. That's why I mentioned being able to keep up with a few C6 drivers that thought they were the shizzle, but can't properly handle the machine as well as I can handle the C4. You can buy an R9 Les Paul, but can you play it as well as I can play my lowly Classic?

Here's what DOES annoy me. All day I have people constantly analyzing and critiquing me on my performance. When someone who really doesn't know me starts spouting off their opinion in a public forum about how I feel about myself, that gets under my skin. I know damn well whether I'm happy, sad, depressed, or angry and I don't need to be psychoanalyzed on a public forum. Thank you very much. :D

its a MP GT-45 turbocharger, a brazilian company.. many guys at turbo mustangs swear by them, so I picked one up..

the turbo is rated at 1000HP, I was planning 765WHP in a 351W but Im selling it now.. if it doesnt sell, it will go on a 6.0 ls1 based truck engine in a very, very, small car.

Im saving up for a crotch rocket though.. 3k gets me a 11 second vehicle, just wont keep me dry in the rain.

maybe if I get back to making TONS of money for a single college student again Ill hop back into the car stuff.

Never heard of those turbos. Look pretty nice though :D

Good choice on the crotch rocket, know what you're after yet? I really miss my bike, I used to love that thing :DB)

My personal favorites aren't really big bikes (although you'll never see me turn down a Ducati).

I had a 125cc to learn on and I'm very glad that I did. It was really light and chuck-about-able. Had about 100mph top end (down hill :D ) but had acceleration to ensure that I never got beat off the lights.

I think I'll have a look at either a 400cc or a 600cc next (once I get some money). Bikes are all about fun not top end so I prefer something lighter with a smaller engine. Had around 320hp/tonne so a good larf all round.

I looooove motorbikes

perry loves the gto...but in australia they call it the monaro

he says it picks up the back seat action as well...i guess i need one.

i do love those new gto's

you love to be analyzed,crafty...it feeds your ego,which as we all know is just the way you overcompensate for your maternal oriented guilt...

hehe...just kidding crafty...you know how i feel about you...your like a moldy potato...on the outside you are fuzzy and a little gross...but if you get below the mold you are still pink and just a bit softer than you should be...

uuhhh...yeeeaaahhh

i just realized that if you secured one type of wood onto anther type of wood and drew the flames,then cut through both meticulously at the same time with a bandsaw,that you would have two complete tops(except reversed) with no gaps...as they did on those guitars.then you could take your dremel and rout through the glueline,fill it with black epoxy,and do EXACTLY what they did.

it's not an inlay at all...it's just a simple trick

well...now i am going to have to just do it