Wtb - Mahogany Headplate

j. pierce

I have a couple ebony headplates from LMI I was going to use on my current projects, but the colour scheme has changed, and I'm now planning to go for an all mahog. vibe, with black accents. I'd like to hide the ears on top, so I need a mahogany headplate - unfortunetly none of my cutoffs are large enough to slice one out of unless I want to look at an all end-grain headstock. (Ugh.) The guitar is a once-piece body, so I feel like a book-matched headstock would ruin the vibe.

Don't really want to order more wood just to make a headplate. Just thought I'd ask if anyone's got some mahogany kicking around that they could slice me off a headplate sized piece? (7 1/2” x 3 1/2” x 7/64”, or something like that) Or even a similar sized piece of veneer, I suppose. Doesn't need to be crazy figured or anything, although I prefer something with an interesting grain. I could trade you one of my ebony plates if that's something you'd want, or paypal or mail you some cash.

No biggie, but just thought I'd ask, because I know if I put in another LMI order, I'll end up buying thirteen other cool things I see and end up spending more than I mean to!