Psychedelic Strat And Matching Lapsteel

Hello everyone,

I'm new here but have been lurking for about 2 years now. I absolutely love this site. Anyways, on to the guitars.

The strat features:

Basswood body

Maple neck

Rosewood fretboard

vintage Fender pickups and guard

Ping tuners

Handpainted by me with acrylic paint and Nitro lacquer clear.

Strat_panorama.jpg

The lap steel is painted to match and was built as a joke really. It was inspired by the 2x4 mini build contest. It is built from a pine 2x6 salvaged from a pallet at work. The fretboard is Home Depot Poplar with metallic red epoxy fret markers and red LED position markers. The bridge is mighty might string thru and the pickup is a vintage Gibson humbucker with a new chrome cover. The legs are from one of those round tables that are made to put a table cloth over that you buy at Walmart for like $5. The only part I actually bought on this thing is the Ping tuners.

4-19-2006-05.jpg

4-19-2006-03.jpg

4-19-2006-04-2.jpg

These are the first real instruments I have ever built from scratch and am totally hooked now. Let me know whatcha' think.

Later.

They look great!

Do you have any closeups of the body on the strat?

I think your post might break the photo posting rules though...

Handpainted by me with acrylic paint and Nitro lacquer clear.

How easy was that to finish over? I've thought about trying that before, but I wasnt sure I'd be able to get the finish flat.