Guitar In Progres P90 Les Paul Jr Type

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my Jnr DC with long tenon, its an ash body and solid wenge neck:

reduced2.jpg

I made the tenon as long as possible with the neck blank i had. I will have to redesign the scratchplate slightly as the tenon is a little too long for the standard Jnr style, but i was never going for authentic anyway.

The tenon is flat and the pocket is angled slightly, although i am using a hardtail bridge so it doesnt need as much neck angle.

Well, if we're playing that game:

01_unfinished_front.jpg

Here's my take - 2 piece mahogany body, 3 piece laminated mahogany neck w.scarfed headstock. My tenon ends in the pickup cavity, and I angled the pocket, not the tenon. My fretboard sits about 1/8th of an inch above the face of the body. It's also my first shot at a contoured heel on a LP style body.

05_neckjointback01.thumbnail.jpg

Looking good guys, Setch the heel looks good . Similar to PRS but I think yours is a bit better as it has more support in the cut out. How thick is the body? one photo looks very thick , with enough for a carved top the smaller photo looks more like the normal 46mm.

Wez your tennon looks great but whats the chanel for? Truss rod adjustment??

Body is a hair under 1 13/16", which is 46mm give or take a gnats todgers :D

My aim with the cutaway is to keep it looking pretty traditional upfront, and retain a structured looking neck joint, I find some contoured heels look comfy, but a bit amorphous and inelegant compared to the traditional Les Paul heel. This one sits in the palm very nicely, and the looks work for me, so I'm happy. I'm pretty keen to try it on a carved, bound top, and see how well it works where the body and neck binding meet.

Yeah its from were i routed for the truss rod, i like em at the body end, i suppose i should have filled it but its gonna be covered by the scratchplate anyway.

The body is about 1 1/2" thick on this guitar cause the ash was heavy