Okay, I just want to throw this out...

I am just a simian who is deathly afraid of my computer; it lights up, it "asks" things, I think its an evil spirit. Saying that, I don't spend too much time trying to draw up a cool design in CAD or Adobe. I noticed that in discussions involving design, a couple users break out with standardized PDF templates. Where exactly can I get these w/o sifting through piles of dead links and old threads? Again I am a simian who is frightened by this bold internetting thing. (See avatar)

Looking specifically for the almighty bass templates.

Okay, I just want to throw this out...

I am just a simian who is deathly afraid of my computer

Well, one way is to donate to this forum, at which point you get access to an advanced area where you'll find plans for various guitars in various stages of perfection. Dunno if there are bass plans there though.

You can also buy the plans--you can buy them printed too, since it's difficult to print an entire guitar plan on a single sheet of letter sized/A4 paper.

But if you want to develop your own design, then you really ought to get over your fear of CAD. It's actually pretty easy to use, at least at the level of guitar design. Think of it as a banana. Monkey want banana?