Matt Bellamy Has Nice Guitars

skatz

I've been thinking about how midi controls could be integrated into the guitar.. but that's just lazy when you can use your foot pedals.

On a side note, Matt Bellamy is one of my biggest influences, there are alot of guitarists out there who know very little about musical theory and probably couldn't play another instrument if someone gave them say.. a piano. I've always wanted to 'know music' not just guitar, and that's from listening to alot of Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield and Queen as a kid with the piano and guitar, which Muse combines very well.

Now back on track: awesome guitars :D

On a side note, Matt Bellamy is one of my biggest influences, there are alot of guitarists out there who know very little about musical theory and probably couldn't play another instrument if someone gave them say.. a piano. I've always wanted to 'know music' not just guitar, and that's from listening to alot of Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield and Queen as a kid with the piano and guitar, which Muse combines very well.

Now back on track: awesome guitars :D

i know what you mean. oh yeah and awsome video.

Edited by skatz

Pagelli has made a guitar with an Alesis AirFX built into it... Now that's way more cool :D

Edit: I remember now it was called the "Avantair" guitar. Here are some specs:

«AVANTAIR»-Guitar

The guitar, called «Avantair», includes an Alesis «Airfx».

By just moving your hand while playing towards the sensor, you can easily change all the parameters of the built-in effects!

The effects are:

Whammy, Tremolo, Chorus, Phraser, Flanger, Wah-Wah, Touch Wah, Seeker, Ringmodulation, Tonegenerator and spec. Effects. Holdpossibility of the changed effect.

No knowledge of programming is necessary.

Just plug in and play neverheard sounds!

Of course you can use the «Avantair» as a normal guitar. (Bypass-Switch)

(http://www.pagelli.com/e/4allerhand/news_fr.html)

Edited by Mr.Churchyard

Pagelli has made a guitar with an Alesis AirFX built into it... Now that's way more cool :D

Edit: I remember now it was called the "Avantair" guitar. Here are some specs:

«AVANTAIR»-Guitar

The guitar, called «Avantair», includes an Alesis «Airfx».

By just moving your hand while playing towards the sensor, you can easily change all the parameters of the built-in effects!

The effects are:

Whammy, Tremolo, Chorus, Phraser, Flanger, Wah-Wah, Touch Wah, Seeker, Ringmodulation, Tonegenerator and spec. Effects. Holdpossibility of the changed effect.

No knowledge of programming is necessary.

Just plug in and play neverheard sounds!

Of course you can use the «Avantair» as a normal guitar. (Bypass-Switch)

(http://www.pagelli.com/e/4allerhand/news_fr.html)

Oh, I dunno; a generic controller that can do all sorts of things with off-board effects seems like it'd be far more versatile; the X-Y controller the Manson has could do pretty much everything described up there, including hold and presets. Effects are outdated faster than simple controllers (MIDI interfaces are pretty much a standard that doesn't look to be going anywhere), and people like changing their sound pretty often.

I don't want any of this stuff in my own guitars, but it's still damn cool!