clear scratch plate

Tom

lol looks like someone pressed "submit" twice :D

i've made a couple of them out of lucite/ acrilic / plexi glass ... what ever u call it... u can buy sheets of it from home depot for under 10$ i beleive. u can either trace out a design and cut it out with a jigsaw, or use ur original pickguard as the template and use a bearing router bit to copy the shape onto a blank sheet of transparent plexi then just mark where all the holes are and such.

They use transparent pickguard on swirl jem's and rg's don't they? how come u can't see the pots or wire under there? is it still rear routed and the transparent pickguard is just there for effect and to hold the pickups?

They use transparent pickguard on swirl jem's and rg's don't they? how come u can't see the pots or wire under there? is it still rear routed and the transparent pickguard is just there for effect and to hold the pickups?

Yep, on some jems & Rg's it's just to mount the pickups yet on others with the clear pickguard use direct mount pickups, so really the pickguard it there for the reason was named a pickguard to begin with, to guard against pick scratches :D

These guys sell clear guards (groupC) I was gonna get one for a flamed Tele I was painting, but decided to go guardless and fill the screwholes and a small part of the pup cavity.

http://www.chandlerguitars.com/materialoptions.htm

I made this trem cover from 1/8" clear yellow plexi to show off the TailFeather trem lock I polished (aluminum). Hand buffed the edges with MicroMesh.

http://www.montypics.com/pic.php?url=/butn...04_0471_IMG.jpg

I made this trem cover from 1/8" clear yellow plexi to show off the TailFeather trem lock I polished (aluminum). Hand buffed the edges with MicroMesh.

http://www.montypics.com/pic.php?url=/butn...04_0471_IMG.jpg

Love the eyes!

Thanks Paul. I'm an old school hot rod nut and I made that trem cover out of a need to show off my polished trem lock and give it that old hot rod tinted glass look...of course I had to put MoonEyes behind the glass.The neck plate was a kool gift from my buddy Donzo at Lace. I had given him my old Guitar Player mag with Roy Buchanan on and he was stoked to get his fave player in that issue. He said he had some kool Rat Fink and Moon junk to send to me... :D of course I flipped out...talk about kharma.

A smoked clear plate on a strat would look good - with rear routing for the pots. hmmm.... I'm gradually building a mental picture of my ideal guitar! Flametop, f-hole on the top bout, the smoked plate, gold fittings (although I wear them out very fast - skin acids), blue burst, maple neck with lapis lazuli inlay....

:DB)