Raised Amp

Pex657

I was reading an advertisment for a product which looks like a plastic stand that you put your amp on.

From advertistment:

"GRAMMA, the revolutionary isolation riser designed to 'float' any amp, monitor, or wubwoofer, delivering a pruity of tone life you've never heard before."

I was wondering if any one knows anything about this or even if it works?

I was reading an advertisment for a product which looks like a plastic stand that you put your amp on.

From advertistment:

"GRAMMA, the revolutionary isolation riser designed to 'float' any amp, monitor, or wubwoofer, delivering a pruity of tone life you've never heard before."

I was wondering if any one knows anything about this or even if it works?

Certainly lifting an amp can produce a more desireable sound to you and your audience because, your ears hear things much more clearly than your ankles do, simple as that.

I use to use a deviation of this product years ago (before 4x12's were involved) but we use to call it a milk crate! GRAMMA is a bit over the top for a stand as names are concerned. :D

I would say that the AMP isolation thing does indeed work. Whether or not it "delivers a purity of tone like you've never heard before" would be debatable. In fact, just by aiming the combo towards the player (using a stand or tilt legs) is generally the way to go. Many players place the amp on the floor and can't hear it over the din of the band. Try getting an angled stand first, or tilt back legs. They are much cheaper than the GRAMMA and probably do you more good. After all, what good is an 'isolation riser' if the sound is just bouncing off your ankles?

You can definitely hear yourself better with the amp pointing at your melon. I use one like this. Carvin has their own branded version of the same stand, as do Ultra and some others.

Hey, that's a killer price for that stand if it really holds 150lbs. :D

Yeah, I wish they'd had that price 3 years ago. :D Seriously, I have the Ultra brand and my buddy has a Carvin and a couple no-names. One of his holds one of those ridiculously heavy Roland keyboard combos with no problem.

I'd buy that $20 MF stand in a heartbeat.