How Do I Remove Strat Knobs?

So I am taking off the plastic covering on the pickguard of my strat and the wrapping is stuck under the volume and tone knobs... I think I need to take them off to get the covering out... any suggestions? :D

edit:

Take a shirt, wrap the edge of the shirt under the knob twist the shirt till it is tight and pull.

The knob will come off in the shirt and leave the guitar undamaged.

that was on the main site but that doesn't really help me... maybe someone could explain better?

Edited by eclipse666

It's really pretty simple. A single layer of the t-shirt material should slip under the knob edge from the side. Slip it as far around the underside of the knob as possible, then strat to twist the shirt material near the knob until it forms a sort of rope. Pull this directly away from the pikguard. The idea is to give you some leverage without anything hard or sharp (like a screwdriver) marking the pickguard or knob surface. I hope this helps.

If they're really holdin' on there, take a very thick pick ie; 1.5 mm or something similar that won't break/bend easily, put the edge underneath the knob and pull it up like you're going to pry it off but when you have the pick up turn the knob until you have enough of the knob off so you can just pull it off with your fingers. Works for me.

If they're really holdin' on there, take a very thick pick ie; 1.5 mm or something similar that won't break/bend easily, put the edge underneath the knob and pull it up like you're going to pry it off but when you have the pick up turn the knob until you have enough of the knob off so you can just pull it off with your fingers. Works for me.

Yeah I found some random piece of metal and I got the 2 more stubborn knobs but the T-Shirt technique worked for one of them... thanks alot guys