Music Software

bcjim

The short answer is, no. There's nothing that will take an audio track (MP3, CD, or whatever) and just isolate the drums.

The long answer is: your best bet is to learn how to use MIDI, download the MIDI file, and use just the backing sections from the MIDI file to play along to. That's what I've done for a buncha tunes.

There's also a thread around here that I lost track of (it WAS stickied once upon a time) that contained a bunch of backing tracks.

Greg

The short answer is, no.  There's nothing that will take an audio track (MP3, CD, or whatever) and just isolate the drums.

The long answer is:  your best bet is to learn how to use MIDI, download the MIDI file, and use just the backing sections from the MIDI file to play along to.  That's what I've done for a buncha tunes.

There's also a thread around here that I lost track of (it WAS stickied once upon a time) that contained a bunch of backing tracks.

Greg

Stickied thread...

Not sure if thats the one your on about Greg, but that has backing tracks on stickied at the top of the players corner page :D

~~ SA ~~

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.phpGuitar Pro - Trial version free to download, Guitar Pro files are just like midi, but when playing it shows you drum/bass/guitar tab for each track and you can selectively remove each track (eg just listen to drums)

MySongBook.com - Massive source of Guitar Pro files.

I use this alot when learning songs as it lets you remove the guitar from tracks and play it yourself.