Home Made Stain

correct, its not dumb or stupid to do it, if you want to waste time making a stain that does not last more than a few weeks and fades to nothing, or a totally different shade as it rots from the inside out.  Not dumb at all.

I said it's not dumb or stupid if you know the strengths and weaknesses of the components used to make the stain. If you use components that "fade to nothing" or components that "rot from the inside out", then you obviously didn't know the weaknesses of the components.

If anyone is interested in information on making homemade stains, there is alot of good information on other forums, such as MIMF, without all of the ridicule.

I'm starting to remember why I stopped coming here, too.

Peace. :D

well, go and search for a mung beetle extract and make a brown walnut stain then, thats cool. The original poster talked about FOOD COLOURING. Please post a tutorial on how to make bright lime green, purple, vibrant blue, and bright red stains from natural products.

I said it's not dumb or stupid if you know the strengths and weaknesses of the components used to make the stain. If you use components that "fade to nothing" or components that "rot from the inside out", then you obviously didn't know the weaknesses of the components.

Your statement then is really a non-statement, it's typing without saying anything at all.

I could just as easily say 'you can build a guitar, or an amp, or an effect, or a spaceship, or a computer, or a train, or a sink, or a telephone pole, as long as you know the strengths and weaknesses of the components. What does that really say? Nothing, that's what.

Why did you bother to even post it? Your post is really just flamebait, it keeps a ridiculous thread hurtling towards nowhere.