Metallica-star Designguitar

At first, the guitar does look rather unplayable, due to the points of the stars. Of course this was 1st stated by Rhoads56, who albiet the apparent sarcasm, had a point, maybe rethinking the whole design, or project, may be in order.

I'm no builder, but it looks really intense. Especially since you mentioned carving the star's raised areas (looks like it would create hell in a handbasket over the bridge/ pickup areas.....)

I have a suggestion if you'd like to pay homage to The Mighty Met in custom-guitar fashion:

here's my idea.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Althought, the hair and stuff would be hard to shape, and as far as pickup/bridge/knob placement.....don't even ask.

All joking aside, good luck with whatever you do. Don't hurt yourself making that original Metallistar design......other ideas popping into my head to symbolize the band (HUGE A** truck tires, any type of alcohol, facial hair, EXTREME facial expressions, expensive artwork and stuff, lawsuits, horrible taste in musical direction, inability to just give UP as a band......im ranting.)