New Member Here (france, Scotland, Netherlands)

Well hey everyone!

My name is Pierre, I'm French, I live in the Netherlands and I'm studying in Edinburgh (err... if that makes sense :D )

I've been on the main section of this site for a bit, browsing the tutorials and silently learning from it. I've been playing guitar since February so I'm a noob, but I already know I want to get tech abilities. I set up my own guitars, wiring, etc and I've done so with friends' as well. I just love woods, guitars (er... electric mostly) and everything that concerns them. I'll very soon order Stew Mac's refretting kit and work on that and a spare neck I'm getting, that's one more step forward to make guitars play great.

I own 2 guitars (yeah, early for that isn't it? I just love the things too much it seems). A Charvel model 4 and a Charvel model 1a. Both are 1988. Too bad I was born in 1986, but eh now I know what to buy next, a model 6 from 1986 (a logical upgrade from the model 4).

I became interested in tech stuff ever since I adjusted the neck of the model 4 (which was flat...) and achieved a tiny bit of relief, a 1mm action (no more, no less) and absolutely no buzz. If only all guitars could be like this eh? Well at least for us who like a low action!

The model 1a has a loose truss rod inside the neck, so I've just gotten it ready to take its fingerboard off. Then I'll need to find a new all maple, non inlayed fingerboard and stick it there, but it's hard to find any. I'll probably make another thread about this later on.

Well, 19, been playing guitar for a few months only... I guess you can say I'm ambitious. I just think I've finally found something that I just love doing.

Oh I've also been playing drums for 4 years, but don't hold that against me :D

Well you're welcome to ask me questions, or tell me if you're from either of the 3 countries I'm from B) I'm looking forward to post here and help with my modest knowledge (and big mouth)