The Brutalizer 6-string

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Now Im Ready To do the Pickup cavity And Im Not Sure How I should Mount My Pickup!! Pickup Ring Or No pickup Ring?

Something like This (No Pickup ring)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...RS/Impaler1.jpg

Or This (Pickup ring)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...Dec11068ray.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Okay I missed a few things so bare with me...

If the bodies black and the bridge is chrome, I would go with a chrome pickup ring (a metal one, you can get them from stewmac) If the bridge is black, get a black ring.

I don't really like humbuckers without pickup rings. Unless of course you have one that doesnt have the tabs so it would look clean like a P-90.

If the bodies black and the bridge is chrome, I would go with a chrome pickup ring (a metal one, you can get them from stewmac) If the bridge is black, get a black ring.

I don't really like humbuckers without pickup rings. Unless of course you have one that doesnt have the tabs so it would look clean like a P-90.

Well I Dont Have A Color Picked Out Yet But I think It's Going to be A Dark gray

With Chrome Part's

I don't really like humbuckers without pickup rings.  Unless of course you have one that doesnt have the tabs so it would look clean like a P-90.

i agree with everything godin said.but if you are going with chrome hardware,you might consider chrome tuners instead of the red ones...

you kind of need some red somewhere else on the guitar for the red sperzels to fit.

have you considered red inlays?and maybe another larger inlay behind the bridge in red?i think red pentagram inlays down the board and a larger one behind the bridge would be cool on that guitar.and also i think black bridge and rings would go with the theme better...if you are still going for red sperzels that is.

if you do't mind pentagrams,that is...i don't buy into the whole pentagram belief structure,so to me it seems do-able.

just like i don't think putting homer simpson on my guitar will make me a fat,drunk,funny idiot with 5 o clock shadow and an innability to invent a working automatic hammer.

as far as the body color...is there really any other choice for that guitar besides black?

Wes Your The MAN!! These Are Some Idea's I'll Try To Be Useing REAL SOON :D

• 3 months later...

Well the Oak Brutalizer is DEAD!!!! Im going to use the Parts to build this one

Im going to dye Black or Green or both, I think the Head stock design will add to the Bug look this guitar has

greenguitarMYguitar.jpg

Why did the Oak Brutalizer die?

Well arter I got Back from working with Jeremy I started looking at most of my other bodies as Flawed and that buged the hell out of me So I want to start over

with A Higher standard, Im not even sure if I want to build the Bug one or not

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, you don't know anything.

What? :D