Mighty Mite

I've ordered all the parts for my guitar except for the neck and the pickup.

But just to make sure I'm making a good decision, I need to start a thread :D

Mighty Mite... would their necks be considered good quality necks? I'm thinking of getting just one of their strat necks with either rosewood or ebony fingerboard, and I just need to know if they are a good quality neck builder.

Also... would Ebony sound brighter than rosewood?

Thanks.

I'd be curious, too. Might end up with some of their parts some day.

My guess-- and it's only a guess-- is that they're probably as good or better than most of us could do without a lot of practice. Still, I've got my eyes on the necks at soulmate. :D

Greg

i think that their pickups are extremely under rated. for the price they're great. marksound is right..the necks always need a little work. most of them need some leveling like he said and i haven't gotten any that don't need the ends dressed. i use them on my bolt togethers and lower end customs.

I bought a Mighty Mite P-90...I don't have much to compare it to, but I like the sound of it all right...for the price I paid ($15 shipped) you can't beat it...

I'll probably end up hunting down a Gibson P90, but I'll be really disappointed if it isn't SIGNIFICANTLY better sounding...I'm skeptical...

FWIW, I listened to the clips on Seymour Duncan's websites of their P90s, and I really couldn't say that they're better than the Mighty Mite (of course, the whole idea of posting clips like that seems kind of silly to me...I happen to have a nice sound setup here, but still...)

Hi,

There is a challege mixing MightyMite body parts with non-MoghtyMite. The heel of the neck is smaller than what you find on Warmoth/MusiKraft/USACG/etc. MM is Fender licensed, but not the same size. I do not know if their bridges are the same or different sizes, just the heel of the neck.

Guitar Ed

I put a mighty mite strat neck on a tele body, and I was disappointed. It seemed very small in diameter for my hands. I fought the intonation constantly, and ended up raising the strings way up high off the fretboard and using the guitar for slide.

Eventually, I bought a Carvin bolt on neck as a replacement. It instantly brought the tele guitar to life. I lowered the strings back down to normal, and now it's one of my favorite guitars. No more intonation problems, better tone, better feel. That's what got me so high on Carvin.

That was my only experience with might mite. Maybe I just got a bad one. But it seems to me you get what you pay for.

Hi,

There is a challege mixing MightyMite body parts with non-MoghtyMite.  The heel of the neck is smaller than what you find on Warmoth/MusiKraft/USACG/etc.  MM is Fender licensed, but not the same size.  I do not know if their bridges are the same or different sizes, just the heel of the neck.

Guitar Ed

How much smaller, like would there be a problem with say putting a mighty mite neck on a standard american strat? would it fit?

Well, i just finished my first guitar made entirely (well, minus the body) of mighty mite parts. It's a solid piece maple burl guitar, and i used their Vintage Buckers, TOM style bridge & tailpiece and their Gibson replacement neck (part MM2924, if interested). I too was really skeptical about the hardware, esp. the pu's. I mean, for $20 a pickup, how nice could they be, right?

However, i will pleasently report that all of my hardware is great. I play a lot of jazz & blues, and those vintage buckers really put out some sweet tone. All the hardware is stable, and from my vantage point, quite good quality.

I'll post pics later tonight and you can see the product, if you'd like.

a bit on-topic (or off-topic), but where can I find Mighty Mite parts?

ebay!!!

They have their own store, I don't have time now to link you... but their ebay store is called quickconnect or something... just search mighty mite neck or something and you'll probably find the store, under all their items (in the description) is a link to their store....

Good luck finding it.

(iskim86 @ Jun 16 2005, 10:14 PM)

a bit on-topic (or off-topic), but where can I find Mighty Mite parts?

ebay!!!

They have their own store, I don't have time now to link you... but their ebay store is called quickconnect or something... just search mighty mite neck or something and you'll probably find the store, under all their items (in the description) is a link to their store....

Good luck finding it.

I don't think quickconnect is *the* Mighty Mite ebay store. There are several MM dealers on ebay, and he's just one of them (his warehouse is here in town). :D

Jehle had used these guys.

Dancing Dragon Guitars is Quickconnect.

Those pickups debuted on the '95 Cort "Sterling" series, name changed to "S" series, now called the "G" series. I don't know what they did with the pups on those guitars after I left, but I owned the S1000 prototype shown in the 95/96 catalog, and they were the only Cort/Mighty Mite pickups I never changed. I thought they were great. I wish I'd kept that guitar. With all the mediocre pickups they were making at that time I saw no reason to import pickups, so we didn't sell pickups. Who would want Powersounds or Ibanez EX stock pickups anyway?! They wanted to just bring those in and brand them "Mighty Mite" and all of a sudden start selling them as if they were so great.

But then they updated their machinery and started using Alnico magnets and all of a sudden there was something good there. That's when I started thinking we could sell them. Those Alnico vintage winds are great, and so are the Alnico Strat singles. It's been awhile since I've heard the P-90s, but I think those impressed me too. They started selling them right after I left.