Truss Rod Installation Trouble

Hi guys

I ws routing out the truss rod and it ripped a chunk out the end of the neck where the adjusment knob of the truss will be. :D The chunk effectively opened up the end and made the rod exposed along its whole length. In all the pictures I have seen of truss rods this end is usually covered by wood.

My question is will I have issue with the truss rod have the nut of the truss exposed to the finger board? I am thinking of making a cover of wood to fill the top of it if necessary.

Comments ?

Thanks a bunch

Travis

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I cut the truss rod slot all the way from the headstock end (open) to whatever length the truss rod is. With a headstock veneer and nut, you cover up the exposed portion at the headstock. It's just a lot easier than plunging for the slot, then drilling for the adjustment pocket.

I agree-- the fretboard will cover it up and the truss rod cover will cover up the rest. :D

As long as the rod's still fitting snug in the rest of the channel, you're still fine, I would think. Of course, a pic would confirm, as mentioned.