Good Shielding Material

Found this at our local stained glass shop for 6 bucks CAD.

its 12" by 12" adhesive backed foil (same as the tape stew mac sells) only these will cover large odd shaped cavities.

Stained glass shops sell all kinds of other items that would be useful for sheilding.

copper-foil.jpg

thanks for the tip..happens to be a stained glass shop 'bout a 1/4 mile from me.

Wanna go completely nuts on a project? A lot of glass artisans and potters keep gold foil in about 1/4 mil. thickness. They tell me you don't have to glue it for some reason. It just pushes on and stays. I bought a 6" by 24" piece of it for a failed capacitor project and it really wsn't all that expensive. About $24.00. Still didn't work.

Are you sure it's the same as StewMac's?

Is it conductive on both sides?

I guess it doesn't make a difference if you use it for a cavity cover, and it's a single piece. It may, however, make a difference if you have to have to overlap pieces...

RA16, I didn't add anything about that cause it was a cover but, very good point. I buy my shieding tape from a whosaler and they offer it in conductuive and non-conductive adhesive. If you get a guitar in with the wrong foil-glue, you have to bridge-solder each piece to the next piece. Pain in the bootie.