Lets Try This Again

ok i tryed this a year ago ..gave up! i'm here to try again, i made telecaster bodie got all my holes drill right, then messed up while painting "it was winds fault really lol" anyway i'm following the guide for paint removel and i got one problem.

when i messed up last time i threw the bodie across the yard it got a chip "small one" on the top edge. i figure just sand it out but what grain of paper to use and in that location what direction to sand ?

Edited by GOG427

when i messed up last time i threw the bodie across the yard it got a chip "small one" on the top edge.

Sounds like the beginning of a relic to me, :D . I'd just leave it there as a reminder. The mark is a true battle scar caused by the throes of genuine passion and fury. Otherwise, is the chip in the wood or finish? Do you intend to make a solid color finish or a translucent finish with the grain showing? There could be entirely different approaches to your solution, but need more specific info.