Newbie Question: Cheap Hvlp Units

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this website and to guitar construction all together, though I've been repairing and designing guitar for a couple of years. My main discussion topic is on HVLP units. I 've always found finishing a guitar the hardest and most time consuming part of the job. I'venoticed a couple of DIY stores in the UK selling these units http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/menus_html/hvlp.htm. They seem to be excellent units on paper for guitar finishing, and cost effective, thats the accounts degree talking! I was just wondering if anyone had experimented with these units or something like it. Also I've noticed from my work in academia, a lot of new and interesting poly composites starting to break through into the commerical market and I was wondering if anyone had used them in the construction of guitars? Anyway, great website, very informative and seems to have a good communities. Im a sort of academic at the moment, with most of my research in helping small businesses expand and computing. I'm going to enjoy reading and getting involved over the coming time. It will be nice to be able to talk guitars with people and not regarded as strange!!

Peace

GraniteRock :D

Scotland

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this website and to guitar construction all together, though I've been repairing and designing guitar for a couple of years.  My main discussion topic is on HVLP units.  I 've always found finishing a guitar the hardest and most time consuming part of the job.  I'venoticed a couple of DIY stores in the UK selling these units http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/menus_html/hvlp.htm. They seem to be excellent units on paper for guitar finishing, and cost effective, thats the accounts degree talking!  I was just wondering if anyone had experimented with these units or something like it.  Also I've noticed from my work in academia, a lot of new  and interesting poly composites starting to break through into the commerical market and I was wondering if anyone had used them in the construction of guitars? Anyway, great website, very informative and seems to have a good communities. Im a sort of academic at the moment, with most of my research in helping small businesses expand and computing.  I'm going to enjoy reading and getting involved over the coming time. It will be nice to be able to talk guitars with people and not regarded as strange!!

Peace

GraniteRock  :D

Scotland

LGM had a good post on them, check it out with the search.