Putting A Speedloader In An Ibanez...

I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have ever tried retrofitting a speedloader bridge in an old Ibanez routed for a lo-pro floyd rose.

I know it's going to require some work, but I wanted to know if there are any severe complications involved in doing something like this.

Sorry for the non-helpful post, but I don't know the answer. I'm a numpty.

Had to hijack for a moment though with the following question: if anyone knows a source for the speedloader, I'd also like to check out specs and prices. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Greg

I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have ever tried retrofitting a speedloader bridge in an old Ibanez routed for a lo-pro floyd rose. 

I know it's going to require some work, but I wanted to know if there are any severe complications involved in doing something like this.

If you're talking about an Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge, you're looking at a big huge party. The only thing less of a drop-in would be a Kahler.

:D

- The LoPro inserts will need to be pulled, those holes filled, then new holes drilled for the SpeedLoader inserts.

- The routing, if I remember correctly, is VERY different. You will have a monster gap in the back, and will probably need to touch the sides with a router (or you might have a gap on the sides. The LoPro is a pretty 'big' trem).

- The nut will have to be changed on the neck.

- Locating strings in the middle of Austin.

If you're talking about a low-profile FR trem, then I'm not sure. There's a thread here about trem dimensions here:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=633

I'm not sure if the SpeedLoader is in there or not, but it's something you'll need to check into.

Read it.

Learn it.

Drill it.