Homer Simpson Guitar

guitar_ed

Why not make the front "3-dimensional" as well?

Even if this guitar DID play ****-hot and sound great, I'll still be surprised to see him get the $3,500 asking price. If he does, I have to consider switching careers.

Greg

hahahahaha thats freakin awesome.  I dont know why you would want an acoustic pickup in a electric though.  I'm sure it souldent sound good acoustic and It just wont sound good through a electric amp.

Surely you jest?

Especially considering your forum name?

<chuckle>

Godin pretty much built their name on guitars that have 'acoustic' pickups. :D

Greg

At risk of sounding rude, you're wrong. It's one of the hallmarks of Godin guitars, especially in the early days of the acousticaster style guitars they were making. This has continued, and the 'acoustic pickup' is considered an integral part of many Godin guitars.

If one company wasn't enough-- Paul Reed Smith also offers models with piezo pickups that are done hexaphonically and in some sort of scientifically balanced way that I have no clue how to describe. In other words, they spent time and energy engineering a solidbody that will sound a lot like an acoustic, and which allows the option to blend the two signals.

It's not uncommon, really... there are lots of commercially available 'piezo-loaded' electric guitar bridges available. I'm still surprised that you think it's an odd idea considering how common it is. :D

Greg

ok mabye this is going in the wrong direction. I dont think that it's odd to put a peizo in an electric. I just think that it is silly to JUST put a peizo in an electric and not magnetic pickups. I think that the advantage of having a peizo in an electric is so you can swap quickly between electric and acoustic sounds. Sort of like a cleaner clean channel on your amp. I could be wrong but it was my understanding that godin has grown in popularity because of there synth stuff. And I totally think it's an awesome idea to have a peizo in an electric (i'm putting one in mine) but again I just think it's stupid to put ONLY a peizo in a solid body electric. I could just buy an acoustic (geez for $3500 I could get a taylor 900 series) and get WAY better sounds. The beauty of teh peizo loaded bridge is that you can flip over quick or blend them together.

Edited by Godin SD

ok mabye this is going in the wrong direction. I dont think that it's odd to put a peizo in an electric.  I just think that it is silly to JUST put a peizo in an electric and not magnetic pickups.

Hrm. If there's a bad there, it's at least part mine-- I didn't realize that you were saying that it's silly to have ONLY an acoustic pickup.

I suspect Darren's right about why it was chosen.

Regarding Godin, though-- certainly the synth ability doesn't hurt. But it's not what put them on the map. :D

Greg