New Amp I Am Getting

Curtis P

well, i am going to take the plunge, i need a new amp, mine is no good anymore, its clipping at anything past 4, and it cuts in and out of power too, i dont want to spend the money and fix it, or get it fixed, so I called around, and at a local music store there will be an amp coming in on consignment, heres what it is:

Marshall JCM 4x12 cabinet

Randall RH20(0)?? head

foot controller with 6 controlls

it is going to end up costing me about $950 because they are taking my amp in on a "trade"

It was supposed to be in on sunday, but since they had trouble, it ownt be in till this week or the weekend, they already promised to hold it, because i have first dibs on it, and i cannot wait to get my hands on it and plug in.

Anyways, is this a tube amp?? I didnt get talking to the owner, and the music store doesnt know because they are not sure what the head is, but if its a solid state (which i believe most Randall heads are??) then my BOSS HM-2 should sound pretty tight through it, eh??

Anyways, I just wanted to share the news that i am getting a new amp and i will post clips (since i got a mic now B):D )

Ohh, and i promise, I have gotten better :D:) I want you guys to rate something i wrote, so far it aint much, but its pretty good, in my opinon

Curtis

Wes, I know, i was going to buy that half stack, but remeber, this is a USED amp, not some brand spankin new one, and even then it still might be over 1k, he said he estimated at under a grand, but hey, my dad said he would give 300 bucks to it, and i got enough money in the bank and in my wallet to buy the rest,

PS, i am going to trade my Peavey on a pawn shop guitar, and cannabalize it, re finish, but i will be dremeling band names into the body, and having the names in blac, the rest of the body in yellow or something

Curtis

Curtis, wes is saying that it should be less than what they guy quoted you (I couldn't really understand what you were saying in this previous post) - if it's 750 American new (about 930 Canadian), even with a floorboard it shouldn't be 950 Canadian used even if you didn't trade your amp in for it.

to clarify...i think you are better off getting the new one from musicians friend.

you can get the head for $400 BRAND NEW

then combine it with a behringer ultrastack bg 412 cab for $280

and then you have a $680 new half stack for less which will suit you just as well as the other one

by the way the new one includes the footswitch,and it is solid state,not tube

ohh, i re read my post, it was a little hard to understand:

The local music store has a Randall head with a Marshall JCM cabinet, it is used, coming in on consignment, the music store does not deal with Randall, nor do they know much about them, so they are unsure if its a solid state or tube, the floor board may actually not be in the deal because the guy will be using it for his new amp.

The music store assumed the amp will be under 1000 dollars, but there was no gaurentes

When it gets in, they are supposed to cal me, and i am going to test drive it for a while, see that everything works good, the sound and all, and i aint going to use a LP or tele or anything, i am bringin in my strat, and my pedal, so i wont have any suprises when i bring it home (if i do)

Sorry for the mis understanding

Curtis