Motorcycle Noise?

Curtis P

how do you get the motorcycle noise in Bat Outta Hell?? The power tab just calls it machine noice and its a rest, but i remeber seeing a biography while back saying he got it by like, detuning his strings or something

Any thoughts??

Curtis

Remember Ronnie Montrose off of the Montrose album doing the intro effects to Bad Motor Scooter, and Sammy Hagar screaming 'SO GET ON YER BAD MOTOR SCOOTER AND RIDE, COME TO MY PLACE WE'LL STAY ALL NIGHT.....

Dayum that is one kick a** album, we used to wear that thing -out- in high school!

Ahhhhh, the late '70's, when -everyone- owned a carpeted and customized Chevy Van, hahahaha!!!

:DB):D

I remember seeing Meatloaf playing Bat Out Of Hell live on tv a year or 2 ago, I think his guitarist was Paul Crook who played with Anthrax for a while....anyway he deffinetly used a Floyd to do the bike noises, that's how they do it live whether they used the same method when they recorded it I don't know.