Blew My Marshall...

freshpowder

So yeah, I blew my marshall, luckily it was only an MG30DFX (crappy amp, don't buy one). I decided to change the red LEDs to blue, and it looked awesome, but before i reattached the circuit board to the 'frame' of the amp, I just had to see that awesome blue color again. This time when I turned it on, I saw a large spark, which was the last sign of any life from the amp. My guitar teacher suspects I blew a fuse, but after taking a close look, I can't see any "traditional" fuses (glass). I am a complete moron when it comes to electronics (I'm 15 keep in mind). Maybe they have those fancy car-like fuses that are like little plastic inserts? I couldn't see any of those either. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for what I could try to 'resurrect' my amp? I can put up a picture tomorrow if it will help.

Large sparks are never good, especially in a solid state amp. You've probably blown more than a fuse - sounds like you're gonna need either a repairman or a replacement. Since you've got nothing to lose at this point, you might try looking for signs of charring or heating and prelace any obviously fried components, but there's no guarantee that it'll fix anything. Good luck, once you let the magic smoke out of those things, it's not easy to get them to work again.